Backline, the music industry’s mental health and wellness resource, is seeking a Community Manager to oversee all internal and external Communications and brand strategy; including marketing campaigns, social media channels, and programmatic partnerships. We are looking for someone that can bring their passion and experience to the team and help us meet the needs of the music industry.
Working with our clinical team and partner organizations, this person will be uniquely positioned to help our community access life-changing resources. It’s important for Backline’s content to speak from a place of understanding, so music industry experience is required for this role. This is a fully remote position.
An ideal candidate has:
- A passion for mental health and wellness
- 2+ years of marketing experience
- 2+ years of working in the music industry
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficient with Canva
- Experience with WordPress, specifically Divi, preferred
Job Responsibilities include:
- Write and design materials for all forward-facing campaigns, resource guides, promotions, and events
- Write and design communications for donors, newsletters, and other ongoing efforts
- Manage social media content calendar, crossposts, co-promotional efforts, and track ongoing engagement
- Collaborate with partners and project manage any forward-facing communications
- Coordinate with publicist on all PR pushes
- Represent Backline in occasional speaking engagements, panels, podcasts, Clubhouse, etc.
- Maintain and grow brand voice and awareness
- Track growth via Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Google Ads, and other platforms
- Build grassroots campaigns (examples: holiday gift guide, Giving Tuesday, Mental Health Month, etc.); execute design and communications plans
- Steward corporate and private donations
- Manage website (WordPress) and server (WP Engine), Google Admin, and other internal comms platforms (Airtable, Network For Good, Slack, Zoom, etc.)
Reports to Executive Director, oversees all internal and external Communications and brand strategy. 100% Remote.
This is an exciting opportunity with a fast-growing non-profit organization serving an acute need. This is a part-time position which can be tailored to fit your schedule. Approximately 10-15 hours a week. Compensation based on availability and experience.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual’s value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.